This past week, I’ve been quite busy in the DIY sector. With a newly painted room, comes bare walls and thus many walls décor ideas. So to start my three part DIY wall décor series, here’s my first DIY for you guys!
DIY #1 : Photo garland
If you’re like me and take thousands of photos wherever you go, but cannot find a way to display them without creating millions of holes in your wall, you’re in luck! With some online inspiration from Pinterest and Tumblr, I figured out a way to make a DIY photo garland! You can easily display your photos with minimal damage to your wall and for cheap. Easy & cheap, a perfect combination of words!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Printed photos (I got mine printed at Costco for $6)
- Push pins
- String, hemp twine, yarn (Basically any string-like material that you can hang photos on, I used embroidery floss because it’s all I could find in my house.)
- Mini clothespins (I got mine at Michael’s for ~$4/per pack & I chose mini clothespins as opposed to the regular size because I didn’t want to worry about photos flipping or the string not being able to support the weight and I preferred the look.)
- A bare wall (duuhhhh)
- Select the photos you want to print and go to any store that will print them (some places that do them for a reasonable price are: Costco or Wal-Mart).
- Once your photos are printed, select a nice spot on your wall where you’d like to hang them. I recommend somewhere that’s about 1.5 meters in length.
- Cut your string to the desired wall length and use your push pins to pin the two ends of the string onto your wall (see photos down below for reference).
- Create a pattern/design for your photos and use the clothespins to attach them to the string.
Voila, 4 easy steps and your old, bare wall is now full of your personality and a sight to look at! Here are some photos of my wall, I chose to do two garland on top of each other. Also, some parts are blurred out because of privacy reasons. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this super simple DIY, feel free to comment down below if you have any questions!
By: Purple Pansy